Friday, August 16, 2013

It's been way too long.............

Wow!!! It has been way too long since I have written anything on this blog. The last actual post was about my little girl turning 8. Well, hard to believe, but she will be turning 10 in just a little over 30 days from now. This is really hard for me to comprehend that she will be 10 years old. A lot really has happened over the past two years. In December 2011, my beloved Nana (who loved to read my blog) passed away from pancreatic cancer. We all miss her very very very much. It is so hard to believe that this Christmas will be our 2nd one without her. But on a happy note, my sister and brother-in-law had their third daughter in May and she is just as cute as the other two! We have done a lot of camping still in our 1978 Taurus camper...but the kiddos enjoy it so much and even I can "rough" it for a few days in a small camper with 2 kids, 2 adults, and 2 dogs. We are camping again Labor Day weekend in Gettysburg and are looking forward to it!! Today is the LAST Friday of summer vacation for the kiddos. They start school on 8/21. H is over the moon excited, B not so much...but he will like it as soon as we get back into the swing of things. H is starting her 7th year of dancing for TDA and is going to be doing a competition piece this year with another girl and 2 boys at her dance studio. Again, she is really excited about this. I am HOPING to try and do more documenting of our everyday lives...as 2 years have just GONE BY WAY TOO FAST and I need to keep a journal of the happenings in our busy life, so as to not forget all of our adventures.

No comments: