Thursday, December 25, 2008

Exhausted......



This is what happens after two days of Christmas parties and opening presents!! They are both tuckered out...as are Mom and Dad!!
We had a very wonderful Christmas. It started Sunday with a gathering with Scott's family. Then Christmas Eve afternoon we went to my Mom's for the Hayes Family Christmas where we all got useful gifts and thanks to Uncle Steven, a very fun game of find your own present! I got mine on the first try although I thought it was scrapbook paper and it actually was a
Mommy calendar/planner (very useful).

Nanny, Aleasia, Madeline, Hayley, and Brayden
Around 6:30 we went to Jason and Lena's for a nice evening with more family and friends. We didn't make it home Christmas Eve until after midnight. After we got home, I realized that I had left my camera at my Mom's!! So, I called over there and it was found. Of course the scrapbooker and blogger in me knew I had to get my camera before the kiddos started opening gifts from Santa, so guess where I had to go as soon as I woke up!! The kiddos were know sound asleep in their own beds and Santa made his appearance. I woke up around 7:15...Hayley woke up about 15 minutes later. I had to break the news to her that I had to run to Nanny's to get my camera before we could open any gifts. She didn't give much of a fit about this (which I thought was commendable for a 5-year-old!)....and I was home by 8:15. Gifts were opened.....and everyone was HAPPY.

We had Christmas dinner at Lori and Steve's and then off to Dallastown to spend some time with my Mom's side of the family...again...more gifts and plenty of food and fun!! On the way home, both kiddos fell asleep! We have one more day of Christmas with Pappy Dave and then Christmas 2008 will be history Back to work for me tomorrow :(

No comments: