Monday, October 13, 2008

Recap of the weekend

This weekend went soooo fast! I had off work from Thursday until Sunday. Thursday, the kids had a play date with one of Hayley's preschool friends H. They had a great time playing together. And her Mom and I had a good time chatting while the kiddos played contently. Friday, I watched my niece Mady. The morning was a breeze! She slept from the time her daddy dropped her off until I took her into work to show her off at 9:30 am. Then back home with her and Brayden. Then it was time to feed her...well, that little girl likes her food and does not like to BURP! She really gets MAD!! I finally got her calmed down and then it was time to pick up Hayley at preschool and then off with the playgroup to The Hungry Parrot. (Yeah..I was being very brave taking three kids out by myself!!) Mady, again, was very good for the outing and didn't wake up ONCE!!! We ate our pizza and played a few games, then it was time to go home. Brayden went for a nap and then time to feed Mady again....same ole same ole...that little girl likes to EAT! Later that evening, we took Mady back to her mommy and daddy (after sitting in traffic in New Oxford for at least 25 minutes...not sure what was going on in that small town but traffic wasn't going very fast). We at dinner with them and then back to our house for bedtime. Saturday, we had a Fall Festival for the kiddos in the playgroup. Hayley and Brayden went as Mickey & Minnie....they were too cute!! All the kids had a great time! I am so glad that I found a great group of parents and kids to get together with!! Here are a few pics of Mickey and Minnie.






After the party, we stopped by Pappy Dave's then went home to make Homemade pizza. Hayley wasn't too sure about this. We have always ordered pizza out...so when she saw me making the dough...she was a little confused! When the pizza was done she said, "Mommy, if I don't like it, can I have circle bread (PB&J)?" Of course, she liked the pizza and ate 4 slices! Brayden didn't eat any until Sunday at lunch...guess he wasn't hungry. On Sunday, I tackled the kids closets...change of the seasons...and trying to weed out all the clothes that are too small! I ended up with 2 boxes of girls clothes and a HUGE tote of boys winter clothes and a smaller bag of boys summer clothes. I was really glad that I was able to give the clothes away to friends at work that have little boys...and of course to my sister for 'lil Mady. So, it was a very productive weekend! Now back to work....training on a new computer system and working the front desk for an entire week.....Hope my week goes as fast as my weekend went!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Minnie and Mickey are so adorable! Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm hungry for homemade pizza now!

Lori said...

How cute....didn't know that was there costumes. Brayden has such a "cheeser" smile. Hayley looks so pretty.