Sunday, October 25, 2009

A day at the farm

Today was my company picninc. For the past 10+ years, we have had A&A's fall picnic at my coworker's family dairy farm. The kiddos just LOVE it...and it is very interesting to see how the "farm" works...plus we get to eat A LOT of FOOD!! yummmmm This year, Hayley and her daddy stayed home since she woke up this morning with a fever and complaining of a headache and belly ache {crossing our fingers that it is just a 24-hour thing!!}
Here's a pic of Winnie sleeping with Hayley this morning...she just loves her "people" and knows when they are not feeling well!

So, Brayden and I ended up spending the day together...just the two of us {and a bunch of my coworkers...and a few COWS!!} Brayden fed the goats cheese curls {which was a favorite activity for one of my supervisors who passed away two years ago from pancreatic cancer} Every year that we go, I think of her passing out cheese curls to all of the kiddos to feed those goats although, I am pretty sure they would eat just about anything you offered them. Here are some pics of Brayden feeding the goats.












Then we went on a hayride.....which again, Brayden thought was just
TOO MUCH FUN!










Here's a pic of the two of us on the wagon.
The kiddos then decorated pumpkins...and with a little help from Mommy...Brayden ended up with a very cute pumpkin! We did bring one home for Hayley the we will hopefully carve tomorrow night.

Then it was off to the barn where the cows go before they are milked

....let's just say that I KNOW I would not want to be a dairy farmer. They were allowing the kids to milk the cows by hand...but Brayden was not interested at all...he thought that the cows being milked by the mechanical milker...was good enough for him.

We got to go see some "baby" cows....and I took a picture of this cute little brown and white cow...{wonder if she will produce chocolate milk???

It was such a BEAUTIFUL day for a picnic and too be with friends and their families. The day was also very bitter sweet, since Dr. Lanpher always attended this function...and who would have ever thought that 2008 would be his last A&A picninc. There are still days that I cannot believe that he is gone......in my 15 years working for his practice...I would have never thought that I wouldn't have seen him actually retire...55 is way to young..but he would have wanted us to keep going strong.

On the way home, Brayden and I saw this hot air balloon, so as I was driving I took a picture...what a beautiful day!!!

1 comment:

Summer Willard said...

Hey Melissa!I love your blog! Sorry that Haley was sick, but it looks like you and Brayden had a great time at your company picnic! :)