Saturday, July 10, 2010

Farmer's market goodies

Today since the rain washed out our plans to go to the Codorus Splash, I decided to go to our local Farmer's market. Know I have lived in Hanover and the surrounding area for, lets see, ahem 32 years....and today was my FIRST trip to the Farmer's market. Why did I wait so long you ask? Well, I am definitely not much of a "morning" person. Back when I was "younger" and "without kids" the thought of getting up @ 5:30 on a Saturday morning to go to the market was just not in the cards...especially since back in those days I probably wasn't going to bed until ahem 3:30/4:00 in the morning {Wow I DO NOT miss those days :0)} then came the babies...and that would just be silly to get up that early if the babies were still sleeping....a girl needs her beauty sleep. Well I digress....so the kiddos and I left for the Farmer's market at the crack of dawn 10:45 AM. When we arrived there was still a lot of people there. My main purchase was going to be peaches for Hayley, apples for Brayden, and Zinnias for me {thanks to the picture my friend Amy posted on FB!!} The kiddos had a great time looking around and helping me pick out veggies. They even got a pound of gummy worms for being so good. Here is a picture of my goodies:


Zinnias: $5
Clover: 3 bunches for $1
Apples: $2
Peaches: $3
Romaine lettuce: $1.50
Tomatoes: {2} @ $.50/each
Green Beans: $2
Gummy Worms: $1.98/pound

We will definitely go back again...and this time maybe a little earlier :) Wonder why it has taken me this long to get there???

1 comment:

Nicole Marsh said...

What a fun thing to do!