Monday, July 5, 2010

The fastest week of the summer

Today was officially the last day of our vacation. We returned Saturday from a Wonderful Week at Ocean Isle, NC......why is it that the work weeks never go that fast?? Here are a few pics from our vacation:

The Beach House


View from the porch


OIB 2010

Beach Babe




It was a wonderful week with great company and we are all looking forward to doing it AGAIN soon!!

Yesterday was spent unpacking...what a chore!! I also went to the grocery store (what fun!). We had decided not to go to any fireworks since the kiddos were so EXHAUSTED from the long drive back on Saturday. So, since I missed the premier night of ECLIPSE, I did something I have NEVER done before....and went to the movies ALONE!!! It was absolute heaven....and the movie was great as well!

Today we spent the day out on Pappy Dave's boat....It was a gorgeous day!! We cruised, swam, went fishing...and Hayley and Brayden both drove the boat!!


Captain Brayden


Captain Hayley


You want me to touch what??


Daddy, can you get that off my fishing rod??


Hayley enjoyed the boat....Brayden, not so much.


My Little Fish!!

What a wonderful ending to our vacation......back to the ole grind tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Poor Brayden and Cody...they are just not up for too much water fun adventure :) I had no idea you went to the movies all by yourself! Probably was very peaceful! Great post!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Melissa! :-) It feels good to be blogging again. Hopefully you can find the time to do it more often. :-) As I said on FB, it looks like y'all had a great time on vacay. Didn't want to seem like a stalker if I commented on the pictures twice. Haha.