Thursday, November 6, 2008

Such A Big Girl!!!

Today Hayley had her 5 year check up (where has the time gone??). She did very well. I had prepared her for the fact that she was going to be getting the dreaded "shots". The mean mommy that I am also scheduled for her to get her flu shot as well (what was I thinking??) The Doctor spent a lot of time with us...talking to Hayley...asking her what she knew, having her draw pictures, asked her address and phone number (which is something we are going to have to work on...since she couldn't remember). Then the nurses came in to tag team her. She did good with the first set of shots...and not too bad with the second set....but that flu shot put her over the edge...and she started shedding some tears. Those tears only lasted a few seconds...and then she was back to her old self. Brayden also got his flu shot and he was a real trooper...not crying at all. I brought the kiddos home...gave them some Tylenol...and but Brayden down for a nap. Then Hayley and I made an apple pie to take along to the mountains this weekend. My mom, the kids, and I are going up tomorrow afternoon. We always have such a great time at the mountains with the family

No comments: