Sunday, January 17, 2010

Righty or Lefty??

So, yesterday I bought both the kiddos workbooks. Brayden, one to learn to write his letters and Hayley, one to learn addition and subtraction. Well, Brayden was only on the first page of his book...and he was DEFINITELY not into it!! He gets very frustrated!! My other dilemma with him is we do not know if he is left or right-handed.....we are both right-handed and trying to teach him with his left hand is very awkward for us. He draws with both hands...so it is a little hard to figure him out. He will be 4 in a few weeks...and he cannot write his letters, which is a concern for me since I know that Hayley was writing by now. I know that I shouldn't compare them...but at this point, I just do not think he is ever going to get it! As far as Hayley, she has been working on her workbook nonstop...and OH does she get upset when she cannot figure out the problem!! This morning, she was only up 5 minutes before she opened the book and started working. She has been up since 8:30 and it is now 9:30 and she is still going strong (even forgetting to take a minute and eat her breakfast!!) The differences between boys and girls!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

It's hard to not compare your kids with stuff like that even if it's just a simple 'oh she was doing this by then..' That's great your daughter was loving her book!
I just stopped by and wanted to say HI...I have a Braden too (no Y) love that name! :)